Dive deep into the Great Smoky Mountains National Park's rich past and present on this narrated tour. Hear fascinating accounts of Cherokee history and ancestral legends and find the park’s most vibrant natural wonders as you drive through the area.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Valid 365 days
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Audio guide included
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Start your self-guided tour at the Ober Gatlinburg Tramway Mall. Although the tour works in both directions so you can start at the finish point in Cherokee and end at the mall instead. Be sure to check your email before you begin to download the Action Tour Guide app, enter your unique password, and access your tour. These steps require good data/wifi. From there, simply follow the audio instructions and the route.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Charged Smartphone
- * Your own vehicle
- Power bank
Know before you go
- This is a self-guided tour; no guide will accompany you. The tour app functions as a guide, an audio tour, and a map all in one.
- Please arrange for a vehicle before you take the tour. You only need to book one tour per vehicle, not per person.
- After the booking, you will receive an email with a link to the app needed to take the tour and a unique password to access the tour within the app.
- This tour has been developed by local guides, curated by creative writers, and narrated by professional voice artists.
- Most stops along the tour have animated videos allowing you to visualize what you cannot see, such as snapshots from different centuries or interior rooms.
- This tour is valid forever, from the moment of booking. You will not need to change the booking if your travel plans change.