Enjoy a day spent discovering the highlights of Roman Britain and Hadrian’s Wall on this small group tour from Edinburgh. Journey through the heart of the Scottish Borders and 2,000 years of history to the last frontier of the mighty Roman Empire.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 11 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at Edinburgh Bus Station's Gate J and Gate K.Open in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- From April 1, 2023, admission to Vindolanda Roman Army Museum will be included in tour price. Before April 1, 2023, the visit is optional and tickets can be purchased on the tour. If the Vindolanda is closed, you will visit Housesteads Roman Fort as an alternative
- The return time is around 7:00 PM
- Time off the bus gives you opportunities to take nature walks. It is recommended to bring suitable clothing and footwear for your tour
- The minimum age to participate is 5 years
- You're restricted to 14 kilograms (31lbs) of luggage per person on the tours. This should be one piece of luggage similar to an airline carry-on bag (approximately 55cm x 45cm x 25cm / 22in x 17in x 10in) plus a small bag for onboard personal items