Escape the city's light pollution and spend a night hunting for the elusive and beautiful northern lights near Akureyri. Whether you see the aurora or not, you'll get to discover awe-inspiring views of the night sky and billions of stars.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Please be ready at your hotel entrance 10 minutes before your specified pickup time.
Select participants and date
The tour leaves at 10:00 pm from KEA Hotel Hafnarstræti 87-89. Please arrive 10 minutes before the tour starts.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Comfortable clothes
- Long-sleeved shirt
- Long pants
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Warm shoes
Know before you go
- The northern lights tour is dependent on the weather and sky conditions and the tour operator reserves the right to cancel at any time. If the tour goes ahead and the Northern Lights are not seen, you will be offered another booking for free
- The tour operators decide if the tour will run at about 6 PM each day, please contact the operator shortly after 6 PM on the day of your tour to confirm if the tour will run
- The northern lights are a natural phenomenon and sightings cannot be guaranteed, even if the tour runs
- If you book a northern lights minibus tour and conditions do not allow us to run the tour during your stay. You will receive a full refund
- Pictures do not always reflect actual experience or sightings