See the historic windmills of Zaanse Schans on a coach tour from Amsterdam with a professional guide. Learn about cheese making, walk on wooden shoes, see the interior of a working windmill and view the wooden green-painted houses and shops.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, German
Select participants and date
Meet at This is Holland – Overhoeksplein 51, opposite central station. How to get there: A free shuttle ferry to Buiksloterweg runs 24/7 from Amsterdam Central Station to the north shore of the river IJ - the journey time is 3 minutes. Embark via the two middle pontoons. On disembarking, turn left. It’s a 2-minute walk to This Is Holland.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- This tour involves a small amount of walking. Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Entry to windmills ranges from €3-4
- Entry costs to Zaans Museum: Adults: €12.50; Children aged 4 to 17 years: €6.50; Children aged 0 to 3 years: free; Adults 65+ and Students: €10; Amsterdam Card: free; Family Ticket: €35
- Infants must sit on laps
- Tour may be operated by multilingual guide