Enjoy a very entertaining and insightful tour to the Ashlar quarry and explore the origin of this white stone that gives Arequipa its characteristic look, which is known as the White City.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Pickup included
- At your accommodation in downtown Arequipa.
- Private group
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Insect repellent
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
- Alcohol and drugs
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Pick-up from hotels located at Arequipa Historic Center.
- This activity does not include the pick up from private residences (Airbnb). If passengers stay in them, please contact us days prior the start of the tour, in order to coordinate a meeting point for the pick-up.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- Sales tax must be collected for Peruvians or foreign visitors who stay in Peru for more than 60 days; if applicable, sales tax will be collected by the local operator.
- People over 18 years of age may enter enclosed spaces only if they are fully vaccinated, providing a virtual or printed certificate. This works for bus travel, any indoor activity, restaurants, hotels, trains, and airplanes. Minors should only be asymptomatic
- Every person must permanently wear a KN95 mask or two masks one on top of the other (surgical mask, cloth mask, or two surgical masks on top).