Enjoy a fascinating trip to the Meteora rock formations with UNESCO world heritage listed monasteries, constructed on stunning naturally formed pillars. Choose your pickup location from either Athens or Piraeus, and travel in comfort.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Private group
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 12 hours
- Starting time 7:00 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- pick up and drop off from any hotel in Athens and Piraeus, Cruise Terminal, any central point of preference
- See all 6 monasteries at the Meteora
- Climb the extraordinary rock formations
- Enter 1 or 2 of the monasteries to get a glimpse of life inside
- Take photos of the breathtaking landscape
- Enjoy a 4-hour drive through the Greek mainland
- Round-trip transportation
- Fuel cost, toll fees and taxes
- English-speaking driver.
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees (€3 per monastery)
- Food and drinks
- Guided tour inside the monasteries
- All required protective equipment is provided
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Sun hat
Know before you go
- At the time of booking, please indicate your preferred pickup point in Athens or Piraeus.
- The drive from Athens takes close to 4 hours. Please be prepared for this.
- To reach the monasteries, you will be required to climb stairs. Please wear comfortable shoes.
- The monasteries have a strict dress code. Men must wear trousers and long sleeves and women must wear a long skirt. If you do turn up in shorts, trousers and long skirts will be provided.