Hike through fresh, deep snow in the Canadian Rockies on this beginner-friendly snowshoeing tour. Wind along a snowy path through a forest of pine trees to the Paint Pots, a cultural treasure in Kootenay National Park, and learn about the area's history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
Wait at the public bus parking spot located behind the Mount Royal Hotel at 138 Banff Ave. You must be ready 15 minutes prior to the tour departure time. Your guide will be there within the 15-minute pickup window.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Thermal clothing
- Warm clothing
- Snow clothing
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Dress in winter clothing for this trip including a winter jacket, snow pants, hats, mittens, and waterproof winter boots.
- Safety is the first priority: if the guide thinks your attire or footwear isn’t appropriate and compromises your safety on the tour, you may not be able to participate
- Children aged 15 and under must have someone 18 years and older with them
- The minimum age for this tour is 8 years
- All adults must sign a waiver prior to the tour
- A waiver must also be completed by the parent or guardian of any child under the age of 18
- Hotel pickup from Banff hotels is available at no extra cost, but you must call the local partner several days in advance to arrange this