Explore Chinatown and the Temple of the Golden Buddha (Wat Traimit) at your own pace on this self-guided walking tour.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Valid 365 days
- from first activation
- Instant confirmation
- Witness the world's largest gold statue
- Discover the history of Buddhism as you stroll through Wat Traimit
- Sample famous street food delicacies on Yaowarat Road
- Pick up some unique souvenirs on Sampeng Lane
- Learn what makes Chinatown so unique with your pocket guide
Discover the best of Chinatown on this self-guided walking tour. See the area's most iconic monuments and attractions and immerse yourself in the area's renowned street food scene.
Follow the instructions on your app-based tour and listen to the stories and history of Buddism, the Chinatown Gate, and delicious street food on Yaowarat Road.
Start your tour at the Temple of the Golden Buddha. Here, learn more about this iconic 5-ton statue, made from solid gold. Continue through Chinatown, passing by famous landmarks such as Wat Mangkon Kamalawat.
Refuel on Yaowarat Road with a bite to eat from one of the street's Michelin-starred food stalls. Finish your tour on Sampeng Lane where you can buy some unique clothes and accessories.
- Self-guided tour
- Live GPS map on your phone
- Audio narration
- Food and drinks
- Entrance fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- You must bring your own headphones
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Charged Smartphone
- Power bank
Know before you go
- This is a self-guided tour; no guide will accompany you
- This tour has been developed by local guides, curated by creative writers, and narrated by professional voice artists
- Most stops along the tour have animated videos allowing you to visualize what you cannot see, such as snapshots from different centuries or interior rooms
- This tour is valid forever from the moment of booking — you will not need to change the booking if your travel plans change