This military tour explores what happened south of Berlin in late April 1945. The German 9th army, surrounded by Soviet soldiers, tried three times to break out. They lost the majority of their soldiers, and their fascinating story will be told in detail.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8 hours
- Starting time 10:00 AM
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, German, Spanish
- See the battleground of Halbe and hear a detailed explanation of the three escape attempts of the 9th army, including maps and pictures.
- Visit either the German or Soviet bunker of the high command at Wünsdorf
- Explore villages southeast of Berlin, with step-by-step explanations of each unit's movements and routes
- Guided tour
- Tour of either Soviet or German bunker
- Entrance to any museum
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- Customers must keep distance in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Know before you go
- This Tour must be booked at least 14 days in advance!
- The tour is impossible without a car. The car we provide has room for a maximum of 16 people. In case your group consists of 4 people or less please let us know. The price will be reduced then because the car needed for smaller group costs less.
- There will be approximately 150 miles (240 km) to cover during the day. There is also some walking done outside the car.