This is a truly unique tour which will take you to discover the history of the oldest university in Europe. Bologna's academic history dates back to the 11th century and is has the first university to be built in all of Europe.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, French, German, Italian
- Private group
Select participants and date
Piazza Maggiore, next to the main entrance (the biggest door) of the Basilica di San Petronio (the huge church in the square)Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- The Museo Medievale is open from Tuesday to Friday from 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM, on Saturday and Sunday from 10:00 AM to 6:30 PM and closed on Monday
- Please note that this tour does not include entrance to sites which require an entrance fee
- The tour will take place even when it's raining. In the event of heavy rain, the tour may be cancelled and you will be given a full refund