Encounter astonishing humpback whales in their natural habitat as they migrate past the breathtaking coastline between Ballina and Byron Bay. Departing from Ballina’s Richmond River, visit the pristine waters of Cape Byron Marine Park.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Board at Lance Ferris Wharf, 12 Fawcett St, Ballina NSW (directly in front of The Wharf Bar and Restaurant). Please arrive 15 minutes prior to departure time at the wharf, look for the crew in an 'Out Of The Blue Adventures' uniform. You will be sent parking information the day before.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Motion sickness prevention
- High-heeled shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Alcohol and drugs
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Minimum of six participants to operate
- 48-hour cancellation policy
- All children must be accompanied by an adult
- Please dress very warmly for the cold ocean breeze with a jumper, spray jackets, beanie, scarf, and gloves
- Occasional cancellations may occur due to unsafe or unpleasant weather and ocean conditions, we offer a river cruise alternative, change of day or full refund
- The local partner offers a guarantee on whale spotting, or a free trip to go again if not