Discover the breathtaking El Saltillo gorge on a 4-hour hike through the Axarquia valley. Trek through beautiful white villages, olive tree plantations, and the Sierra Alhama Natural Park.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 5.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, Spanish
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
- Hike through the stunning gorge of El Saltillo
- Stop for a delicious picnic on the banks of the river
- Visit a traditional Andalusian white village
- Trek through an olive tree plantation
- Get up close and personal with the park's native wildlife
Trek through the breathtaking paths of the El Saltillo gorge on this hiking tour from Málaga. Meet your guide at the meeting point in Málaga, located near the famous Atarazanas market, and hop in the van that will take you straight to the starting point of your hike, the white village of Canillas del Aceituno.
Hike through the streets of the village, admiring the incredible white architecture along the way. Follow the Arab irrigation canal past the gorge of the Almanchares River and into the heart of the Sierra Alhama Natural Park.
Throughout your hike, learn more about the park's geology, wildlife, and plants from your local guide. At the river, stop for a picnic and a swim in the crystal-clear waters before beginning your descent.
On the way back, get up close and personal with the park's native goats and enjoy breathtaking views of the sunset over the mountains.
- Picnic with local products
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Children under 8 years
You must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
It is very close to the Atarazanas central market and beside supersol supermarketOpen in Google Maps ⟶