Experience the beauty of the Canadian Rockies while exploring up a canyon below the towering Grotto Mountain.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 3.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 8 participants
Select participants and date
This hike meets inside the Canmore Travel Alberta Visitor Information Centre, after completing an orientation and paperwork you will drive your own vehicle about 15 minutes to the trailhead where the hike will begin. Duration is about 3-4 hours from the meeting time. Please come prepared with a day pack, lunch, water, winter boots, and clothing. It can be well below zero in the winter.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Packed lunch
- Weather-appropriate clothing
Know before you go
- Come prepared for winter weather with warm winter walking boots, layers, mittens, and a toque for the day
- Please provide the shoe size for all participants when booking, so the appropriate ice walking crampons can be provided by the local partner.