On this tour you will visit different townships and the prison Mandela was incarcerated, giving you an overview of Mandela´s struggle against Apartheid and its effects. It will also disclose how those affected continue to struggle for a better life today.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Ticket confirmation within 48 hours
- Once purchased, you’ll receive a booking confirmation from the activity provider.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from hotels in Cape Town city center, waterfront, and areas on the Atlantic seaboard including Camps Bay.
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please note some venues may not be available over weekends. Robben Island tickets are subject to availability.
- Please provide the passport or ID number for all participants to complete the booking. South African citizens do not need to provide a passport number but must provide ID number and date of birth
- All passengers must then bring this identification document with them on the tour (passport, birth certificate or drivers licence). Copies are accepted.
- Tickets for the ferry to Robben Island are subject to weather conditions and availability. Every attempt will be made to book you on the 1:00 PM ferry, but if it is not available you will be booked on the 3:00 PM or 5:00 PM ferry. In this case, you will be dropped off at your hotel and asked to make your way to the harbor at the right time.
- Rescheduling the tour date is possible, but subject to availability. If available, tickets can be rescheduled but a penalty fee of 65 ZAR per ticket will have to be paid in cash on the spot.