Casa Loma: Tours & Tickets
5 Highlights of Casa Loma
Casa Loma is a turn-of-the-century mansion worth $3 million, sitting beside a lake in Toronto. Although it's no longer a home, visitors can still walk through it as a museum.
1. Great Hall
With ceilings extending 60 feet upwards, this is the focus of elegance at Casa Loma.
2. Windsor Room
Canada's British influence is clear here - Sir Henry Mill Pellatt, owner of the mansion, hoped to welcome the Royal Family here as guests.
4. High Tea
Available only every so often, you can enjoy a British high tea in Casa Loma's conservatory and ballroom, and enjoy this classic British tradition!
A stroll around Casa Loma's lovely gardens is the ideal way to top off a day viewing the grand yet cozy house.
Planning Your Visit
Due to Toronto's arctic winters, Casa Loma's gardens are only open from May til October, but you can still visit the house.
There are self-guided tours available in several different languages, as well as guides for the hearing-impaired in English and French.
Did you know that Casa Loma has been used as the location for the shooting of many movies, such as "X-Men"?
Weddings and parties
If you want to to create your own fairytale memories of Casa Loma, don't forget you can book weddings and other big events there!
Good to know
- When should I visit?
- Open daily 9:30AM - 5:00PM. Last entry at 4:30PM.
- Is it expensive?
- Adult general admission: $24.00. Discounted admission for seniors and youth.
- Will I need a guide?
- Self-guided tour through the castle, but additional guides to explain details and surrounding areas are recommended.
- How to get there
- Go to St. Clair station on the Spadina-University line, and then walk east on St. Clair to Spadina for approximately 15 minutes until you reach the castle.
- Additional information
- This is one of the attractions covered in the Toronto pass, which includes public transportation to this site free of charge. Just present your pass at the station.
- There is paid parking on-site, but make sure to check the website for road closures so you can get there quickly and easily.
Other Sightseeing Options in Casa Loma
Want to discover all there is to do in Casa Loma? Click here for a full list.
What people are saying about Casa Loma
Michael was a great guide. Very knowledgeable and proud of Toronto. Exceptional driver. We saw many different aspects of Toronto. This tour was an excellent way of getting the basics so we could expand on our time here.
It was super. Worth the money. At Casa Loma you have to move quite fast as you only have there 1,5 hours (not enough if you want to see everything - including gardens and the castle for horses)
I visited places of interest with appreciation. The tour guide had so much knowledge on the history of all buildings -- dates they were built and the reasons why. Very much appreciated.
The tour guide went above and beyond the call of duty, to inform us about the sites that we saw and the history of Toronto. He should get a pay raise.
Our guide (sorry, forgot name) was wonderful! It was a great trip, beautiful weather!! Thank you