Trek to the maximum altitude that can be reached at Europe's tallest active volcano with an expert guide. Admire Mt. Etna's beauty and its surroundings from the summit craters.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, Italian
Select participants and date
Meet at the information desk at La Terrazza dell'Etna Bar. The exact meeting time will be communicated to you by email or WhatsApp.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- The ticket (EUR 50) for the cable car is not included in the price and must be paid directly on the day of the excursion
- This activity is suitable for those with medium physical training and who are accustomed to walking on sand and rock when there are no trails. Some parts of the path may be exposed
- Please inform the guide of any health conditions or concerns
- This activity is not suitable for people with heart disease or who suffer from asthma or vertigo
- The use of contact lenses is forbidden due to the presence of volcanic ash spread by the wind
- Wear trekking boots with high socks and bring a trekking pole (recommended)
- Bring an extra T-shirt, long trousers (recommended), a pullover and anorak, gloves and a hat (recommended)
- Bring a 10 to 20-liter backpack, at least 1.5 liters of water, a snack and packed lunch