8. Bangkok: Customized Private Long-Tail Boat Hire with a Guide
Meet your guide at Tha Maharaj, also known as Maharaj Pier, and depart on a long-tail speedboat journey on the “River of Kings,” the Chao Phraya River. Benefit from a private guide and included travel insurance to ensure your safety is the top priority.
Choose between 1, 1.5 or 2-hour tour options, and customize the itinerary based on your interests, as long as it is realistic time-wise and can be adjusted if necessary after meeting your guide. Once the tour is finished, you will be transferred back to the Tha Maharaj Pier.
The places you can visit include:
• Wat Arun or “Temple of Dawn,” one of Bangkok's most famous temples on the west bank of the Chao Phraya River
• Wat Kalayanamit, a prominent local Thai Buddhist temple located next to the river in an area considered one of the most important in Bangkok's history
• The Artist's House (Baan Silapin), a 2-floor, L-shaped wooden building famed for its puppet theater
• Taling Chan Floating Market (only open on weekends from around 8:30 AM–4 PM)
• Wat Hong Rattanaram Temple, a Thai Buddhist temple classified as the second rank of the royal temple
• Wat Suwannaram Temple, which was used as the execution ground for Burmese prisoners of war; you can also feed the fish for merit-making here
• National Museum of Royal Barges, a former dry dock for barges and warships under the care of the Royal Household and the Royal Thai Navy that now houses barges from the Royal Barge Procession