Discover the remnants of New Zealand’s WW2 defenses on this guided walking tour through Lyttelton and Godley Head. Visit Taylors Mistake Beach, Timeball Station, Evens Pass, and more as you walk along the coastal path and learn about the area’s history.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup optional
- Pickup is available from any accommodation within 3.5 km of Christchurch City center.
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Pickup from Canterbury Museum is at 8:30 AM, please be ready and waiting. The guide will be wearing a branded uniform. You will be collected in a branded white car or minibus.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- This tour is not recommended for people with limited mobility
- This tour is weather dependent. If the tour is unable to run on the scheduled day you will be offered 3 options; a full refund, a tour on another day, or the option to swap the tour for another tour that runs from Christchurch