Enjoy a full day guided walk around a spectacular extinct volcano only 30 minutes from Christchurch. Marvel at the world class views over oceans and mountains and unique walking experiences with an amazing local guide. Private tour option also available.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Your guide will park and come into the hotel reception to collect you. They will be wearing a black top with a supplier logo.
- Small group
- Limited to 10 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Sun hat
- Rain gear
- Comfortable clothes
Know before you go
- You will need comfortable walking shoes, a sun hat, sun block, a water bottle and a jacket
- The local partner will be in contact with you via email the day before your walk with a weather report and any specifics for the day. Please ensure you provide up to date contact information
- The total trip duration is approximately 6 hours from hotel pick up to drop off. During this time you can expect 3-4 hours walking time, and to cover a distance of approximately 10 kilometers on foot
- There are four different walks available, your guide will choose the best walk for the day depending on the weather and track conditions