Take in the fantastic landscapes of the Southern Alps and scenes from Middle Earth in the comfort of a luxury Mercedes bus. Enjoy the delicious included lunch and an optional, unique back country wagon ride pulled by a team of Clydesdale horses.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today. Learn more
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pick-up and drop off is available from selected central Christchurch hotels. Provide your hotel details when booking and the local operator will advise your pick-up time, which may be earlier than the tour start time. After hotel pick-ups, the distinctive local operator tour bus (black Mercedes) will be parked and waiting alongside Canterbury Museum, Rolleston Ave Central Christchurch, near the corner of Worcester Blvd. until the scheduled departure time.
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Rain gear
Know before you go
- New Zealand weather can be unpredictable at any time of the year. It is recommended that you dress for all seasons as the high country is surprisingly remote and can get windy and cold
- Pick-up can be arranged from selected Christchurch central city hotels. If pick-up is not available from your hotel, you can join the tour at a central meeting point alongside the Canterbury Museum on Rolleston Avenue near the corner of Worcester Blvd. Provide your hotel details when booking and the local operator will confirm your exact pick-up details after booking.