Begin your day at the Vatican at the top of St. Peter's Basilica before touring the church itself. Then visit the Vatican Museums and Sistine Chapel on this exciting morning Vatican City experience.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English
Select participants and date
This tour is in 2 segments, with 2 separate meeting points. • Meet at 7:45 AM for a prompt 8:00 AM departure by the Tiare fountain (Fontana delle Tiare), just beneath Largo del Colonnato and in front of the pillars which run around Saint Peter's Square. Your guide will be holding a When in Rome Tours signboard. If you are facing St. Peter's Basilica, follow the pillars to the right until you come to the fountain. • At 11:15 Meet at Via Sebastiano Veniero 19. Across the street from the Vatican Museum entrance, you will see a broad staircase leading down. At the bottom of the stairs, turn right. Walk a few steps forward to find Number 19, where a When In Rome Tours/ Italia Tours representative will be waiting for you.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Weapons or sharp objects
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- Unfortunately, this tour is not wheelchair accessible
- There is a strict dress code at the Vatican. Shoulders and knees must be covered for both women and men
- On the days immediately surrounding religious holidays at the Vatican, alterations to tours may be necessary due to partial closings of areas normally included in this tour. In the event the Papal Tombs underneath Saint Peter's Basilica should be closed, the tour of the Basilica itself is extended