Immerse yourself in the magical world of Scotland's mythical creatures and folklore stories on a treasure hunt around the Old Town.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 2.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Host or greeter
- Private group
- Discover hidden gems even the locals don't know about
- Learn about Scotland's magical creatures
- Find out the story behind the unicorn, Scotland's national animal
- Explore the city from a unique perspective
- Snap photos at Edinburgh Castle
Discover Edinburgh's folk stories and myths on this interactive treasure hunt. Meet your guide at the City Chambers, where your game will begin. After a short introduction, get kitted out with all the tools you will need to complete the game. The kit comes in a bag that has all the clues and tools you need to work through and a map with a route to follow.
Once the game begins, use the tools provided along with elements of the city to crack codes and move forward in the magic-themed game. If you get stuck, feel free to contact the game host at any time for help.
Wander around the streets of the Old Town to solve clues and discover famous landmarks from a unique perspective. The itinerary includes City Chambers, Edinburgh University, St Giles Cathedral, and of course the iconic Edinburgh Castle for perfect photo opportunities. If you're clever enough to make it to the end of the game, Scotland's very last unicorn will be waiting for you.
- Game master available at all times to help
- Magical kit rental
- Souvenir token of completion
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meet your guide under the flags at the entrance of the city chambers on The Royal MileOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Charged Smartphone
- Internet access
Know before you go
- This activity involves a lot of walking and there will be some ramps and stairs on the way
- You will be required to pay a fully-refundable £10 deposit at the start of the tour
- The duration of the game varies between groups however the kit must be returned after 4 hours
- Average duration is 2 hours
- Your guide will need to be in touch with you throughout, so you must bring a fully-charged mobile phone with internet access