See Edinburgh's darker side with Alexander Clapperton, leading you through the courtyards and closes of the old town. Entertaining you with tales of witchcraft, punishments, executions and invasions.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 80 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Tours depart from outside the front of 'The Witchery Restaurant,' located near Edinburgh Castle at 352 Castlehill (Royal Mile), EH1 2NF. From August 1, 2022, to August 27, 2022 (except Sundays, August 7, 14, and 21), all tours will depart from the supplier's shop at 84 West Bow (Victoria Street), EH1 2HH. This is due to the annual Military Tattoo event and dress rehearsals taking place on Castlehill. On Sundays, August 7, 14, and 21, tours will depart from the usual meeting point outside The Witchery Restaurant on Castlehill.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Video recording
- Unaccompanied minors
Know before you go
- Guests should arrive 5 minutes before scheduled departure time
- Please wear appropriate footwear (you will be walking on cobblestoned streets)
- This tour will take place rain or shine.