Join a local published historian around Edinburgh’s famous Royal Mile and visit its Underground Vaults. Learn about some of Edinburgh’s fascinating history, literary heroes, infamous criminals and the battles that shaped the city into what is today.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
• Meet opposite Starbucks at 124a High StreetOpen in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Weather-appropriate clothing
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Entry into the Underground involves walking down eight steps.
- Please note that the minimum age for this tour is 5 years old.