We think the best way to explore Edinburgh is to follow your feet. Where the buses can’t take you, and the guide books don’t show you is where our city’s stories lie – the closes, wynds, courtyards and homes of Old Edinburgh.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Please arrive at the Mercat Cross on The Royal Mile (High Street) 15 minutes before the start of your tour and check in with the on-street representative from Mercat Tours.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- Please dress for the weather wear appropriate footwear
- For health and safety reasons, unfortunately children under 5 years of age are note permitted on this tour