Milford Sound Flight and Cruise
Pickup includedPick-up is available from centrally located accommodation in Queenstown. Please let the tour operator know your accommodation details and they will instruct you with the pick-up time, or if your accommodation is not centrally located, they will advise you of driving and parking instructions.
- Enjoy Fiordland National Park's most dramatic scenary by visiting Milford Sound
- Take advantage of a complimentary pick-up/ drop-off at your centrally located accommodation in Queenstown
- Fly in comfort in a 'high-wing' Cessna aircraft, including the 'Caravan' 14-seater - the largest scenic flight aeroplane operating in the area
- Go on a 35-minute scenic flight from Queenstown to Milford Sound, with highlights including the Southern Lakes, Tutoko Glacier, Milford Fiord
- Cruise the full length of Milford Sound
- See New Zealand's stunning native bird life, seals, penguins, and dolphins
- Return to Queenstown on an alternate flight path taking in the famous Southerland waterfalls, and New Zealand's longest lakes, Te Anau and Wakatipu
Milford Sound (boat cruise)
Milford Sound is situated on the West Coast of the South Island of New Zealand. It is a world-renowned area of extraordinary beauty. Milford Sound is actually incorrectly named a sound. Rather it is a true fiord, which measures 7.5 miles (12 kilometers) long and is up to 1,050 feet (320 meters) deep.
The fiord receives an average yearly rainfall of approximately 300 inches (7.5 meters) because it is situated on one of the world’s most formidable coastlines, which is subject to rapidly changing weather conditions. The weather is famous for its ability to deteriorate or improve within a very short period of time.
These dramatic weather patterns result in some of nature’s most amazing scenery transformations, especially when viewed from above.
The tour includes:
*Pick-up and drop off from accommodation
*Milford Sound scenic flights, there and back
*A cruise aboard a small boutique cruise ship with reserved seating on the boat
*Morning or afternoon tea
*Pilot escort from plane to boat through native forest
- Complimentary pick-up/drop-off from centrally located Queenstown accommodation
- Personalized greeting and trip overview on the wall map, prior to departure
- All aircraft are 'high-wing' providing unobstructed views of the scenery
- In-flight commentary to highlight the points of interest
- Optional bush walk to the boat docks to learn more about the native environment (time permitting)
- For those on the Milford fly/cruise/fly tour, reserved upstairs seating will be provided and complimentary tea and coffee
- Lunches can be arranged for an extra cost
- All flights take an alternate route on the return journey to provide the the most diverse type of sightseeing possible
- People over 264 lbs (120 kg)
Prepare for the activity
• Flights are weather dependent: select your preferred departure when booking and the local partner will confirm your exact trip details by email after booking