6. Seoul: Royal palace Afternoon Tour including Changdeokgung
To start your adventure, a guide will meet you in front of the front desk (1 Floor) of Lotte Hotel Seoul. First, you will head to the Changdeokgung palace; the name itself meaning "to brighten virtue." Changdeokgung is Korea's most successfully preserved palace and a UNESCO world heritage site.
Explore the Insadong antique shop alley, to experience the traditional culture of Korea in the heart of the city. With art galleries, traditional craft stores, antique art dealers, traditional tea houses and restaurants, this street cannot be missed.
Then make your way to Namsangol Hanok village located between the tall buildings in the middle of a normal city scene. This village has 5 restored traditional Korean houses, a pavilion, a pond and a time capsule as well, making it a perfect spot to take a leisure walk. On the grounds you can try traditional games such as: neolttwigi (seesaw jumping), tuhonori (arrow throwing) and yutnori (traditional board game).
Afterwards you will visit Namdaemun gate (Sungnyemun or South gate) and walk in and admire the gate.
Next, visit Namdaemun market, which dates back to the Joseon Dynasty. This open-air market is just a few minutes from Seoul’s ancient Namdaemun gate (Sungnyemun or South gate). It is close to the downtown area and a number of deluxe hotels, and boasts an impressive selection of merchandise.
At the end of the tour, you will be dropped off at Myeongdong or City hall subway station
• 13:00 in front of the front desk (1 Floor) of Lotte Hotel Seoul (30 eulji-ro, Jung-gu, Seoul)
• [UNESCO] Changdeokgung Palace (Jongmyo Royal Shrine on Mondays)
• Insadong antique shop alley
• Namsangol hanok village (Monday: Bukchon hanok village)
• Sungnyemun gate (outside of the Sungnyemun gate on Mondays)
• Namdaemun market
• 17:00 Drop off at Myeongdong or City hall subway station