Travel back 2000 years to a time when Hadrian's Wall was a frontier, a place where two cultures collided, on this award-winning tour. Find out more about Roman history with a local guide, and delight in scenic views of the Northumberland National Park.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 2 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
Meet your guide at the car park at Cawfields Quarry, North Rd, Haltwhistle, Northumberland NE49 9NN, UK. Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the tour is due to start.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Your guide will be dressed in authentic clothing for this tour. The guide, however, reserves the right to wear modern clothing if the weather causes concerns for health and safety
- The tour takes place outdoors with uneven paths to walk on. Walking boots and warm, waterproof clothing are recommended
- Haltwhistle is the closest train station to the meeting point at Cawfields on Hadrian's Wall. Regular trains arrive at Haltwhistle from Newcastle and Carlisle. The AD 122 bus runs from Haltwhistle train station to the Milecastle Inn; from here, it is a short walk to Cawfields. An internet search will provide up to date train and bus times
- Toilet facilities are located at the Cawfields Car Park
- You will need £1 per hour for the car park
- Please arrive 10-15 minutes before the tour start time