4. From Heraklion: Dia Private Sailing Trip with Sunset Views
Cruise Type: Private
Luxe Trip Duration: 6.5 hours (14:30 - 21:00)
Comfy Trip Duration: 4.5 hours (16:30 - 21:00)
Dia is an uninhabited, NATURA 2000 protected island, located about 7 nautical miles north of Heraklion. According to the legend, Dia was created by Zeus. In 1976, Jacques Yves Cousteau suggested that there stood one of the most important ports in the whole island of Crete. The only available facilities are the small port, a forestry shelter and a tiny, charming Chapel named Analipsis.
Try a unique sailing experience. Travel to Dia island in style and comfort on a luxurious 53 ft sailboat. You may join the sailing procedure or get amazing views of Heraklion from aboard.
Upon arrival you may swim, fish, snorkel into the crystal-clear waters, play with a SUP (Stand Up Paddleboard), or have a lot of fun around the enormous swimming and entertainment area consisting of the aft opening door and the tree unfolding steps. You may also just relax and continue suntanning on the huge front deck area of the yacht, which is equipped with comfortable, high-quality mattresses.
Later on, seasonal fresh fruits, fine local wine and a variety of soft drinks are served by the crew.
Absorb every second of the stellar sunset and the twilight magic as the sun, led by God Helios riding his golden chariot, dives into the magnificent Aegean. Capture the magic moments forever by taking amazing photos or videos if you feel like it. Release your mind, let your romantic summer dreams become real.
As night falls, we cruise back to the old Venetian harbor under the brilliant starlit Cretan sky feeling relaxed, delighted, and totally recreated.
- The open sitting / cockpit area is enormously roomy, the most spacious - by far - in the yacht’s class.
- The opening aft door and the 3 folding stairs offer a truly gargantuan - sized swimming and entertainment area.
- The sunbathing areas in the front deck are also huge and equipped with comfortable mattresses.
- The retractable hydraulic Besenzoni 500 gangway is very helpful and convenient during embarkation / disembarkation.
- The extra fridge / freezer and a BBQ grill at the cockpit. The hot / cold water shower in the swimming platform.
- The roomy, luminous main lounge. The internal dining area can seat up to 10 guests. There is also a small bar and a flat TV.
- The spacious galley. It includes a double sink, microwave oven, side opening fridge with freezer, and stove with oven.
- The three separate Air condition / Heating units and the powerful Mastervolt whisper generator (8 KVA).
- For Day Cruises the guests may use 4 electric toilets and the 2 front cabins (including clean bed linen) in case they need to rest or have a nap.