Journey 1270 meters above sea level to the summit of kunanyi/Mt. Wellington, experience spectacular views over Hobart and beyond. Complete the 2-hour return tour including 30 minutes to explore the summit, or hop-on and hop-off along the way.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Wheelchair accessible
- Enjoy a 2-hour return tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including 30 minutes on the summit
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania
- Hop-on and hop-off at 5 bus stops in Wellington Park
- Explore the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park
- Discover the easiest way to get to kunanyi/Mt Wellington
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Pass, valid all day
- Access to Wellington Park and the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington
- Wellington Park bushwalking map
- Hop-on-hop-off use of the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus on the day of travel
- Professional and informative commentary
- Free Wi-Fi onboard the bus
- Bike freight: $10 per bike (must be booked no later than 30 minutes prior to departure)
- Food and drinks
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Outside the Hydro Tasmania building, 4 Elizabeth Street, Hobart.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
Know before you go
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain – even snow is a possibility. Check the weather before you go.
- There is limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe located at The Springs, or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to book a bike freight ($10 per bike) no less than 30 minutes prior to departure. Allow plenty of time to make your way to Bus Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure.
- The local partner's primary fleet of buses is wheelchair accessible. Some services may not be wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please inform the local partner at the time of booking.