5. Japan: 7, 14 or 21-Day Japan Rail Pass
Take the hassle out of your vacation transportation with the Japan Rail Pass. Explore the whole country with just one ticket and ride the famous Shinkansen bullet train. Travel from Tokyo to Kyoto, Osaka to Hiroshima, and Hokkaido to Kyushu – Japan's your oyster with a 7, 14, or 21-day pass.
Get your voucher mailed to your home or office address, then exchange this for your actual Japan Rail Pass at a major train station or international airport in Japan and start traveling. Use the free guide booklet to make the best of your Japan trip, thanks to insider tips and train details.
Travel as much as you like for 7, 14, or 21 consecutive days. The pass includes:
• All Japan Rail Group shinkansen bullet trains, except the Nozomi and Mizuho departures
• All Japan Rail Group limited express, express, rapid, local, trains, and Bus Rapid Transit in Tohoku
• Tokyo Monorail between Haneda airport and Hamamatsucho station (no service to Narita)
• Aomori Railway services between Aomori and Hachinohe (some exceptions)
• Ishikawa Railway services between Kanazawa and Tsubata (local, limited departures only)
• Ainokaze Toyama Railway services between Toyama and Takaoka (local departures only)
• All Japan Rail Bus local lines (some exceptions, no express services), including services from JR Hokkaido Bus, JR Bus Tohoku, JR Bus Kanto, JR Tokai Bus, West Japan JR Bus, Chugoku JR Bus, JR Shikoku Bus, and JR Kyushu Bus
• JR-West ferry service between Miyajima and Miyajimaguchi (JR station near the pier with ferry services for Miyajima)