Discover the secrets of Istanbul and experience the lifestyle of locals on this 5-hour walking tour. You’ll see the hidden marvels of old town Istanbul and explore its labyrinth of streets with an expert guide who knows the city’s secrets very well.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Private group
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Fuego Cafe & Restaurant, Alemdar Mh., İncili Çavuş Sokak, Sultanahmet 15A, 34110 Fatih/İstanbul, Turkey. • Getting there by tram: travel to the Sultanahmet Tram Station. From the tram station walk down the hill on the left side of the road. Take the first left onto Ticathane Sokak (street). You will see Mosaik Restaurant on your right. When you reach Mosaik Restaurant, turn right onto the small pedestrian lane-way. This is Incıli Cavus Sokak. Fuego Cafe & Restaurant is near the end of the lane-way on the left. • Getting there by taxi: taxis can prove difficult as often roads are closed close to the meeting point. If you do get a taxi, ask to be taken to Yerebatan Sarnıcı (also known as the Basilica Cistern). The Cistern is located on Yerebatan Caddesi in Sultanahmet (Caddesi means road in Turkish). You will see the Basilica Cistern located close to the marker in the map above.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
Know before you go
- This tour involves entering mosques. Both men and women are required to dress appropriately by ensuring that their shoulders and knees are covered. Women will need to cover their heads. Scarves are available at the mosque, but feel free to bring your own. In addition, for your convenience it is best to wear shoes that are easy to remove.
- Please note you will not be entering the Hagia Sophia Museum, but will be able to visit it in your free time.