Experience a one-of-a-kind adventure at the Columbia Icefield. Ride in the giant Ice Explorer vehicle on the Athabasca Glacier and take a short walk on the ancient ice. Admire the views of the valley from the glass-bottomed Columbia Icefield Skywalk.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Valid 1 day
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Audio guide included
- French, Chinese, Japanese, Korean
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Please make your way to the Columbia Icefield Discovery Centre to start your tour, AB-93, Jasper, AB T1L 1J3, Canada. Please arrive at least 30 minutes prior to departure time.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Reusable water bottle
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Please note, this is a popular attraction and it can get crowded. Consider an afternoon visit; it is usually less busy.
- The tour might be rescheduled or cancelled due to inclement weather. It is recommended that you book the adventure on your first available day so you have the chance to reschedule.
- You can stay on the glacier for 20 minutes and spend as much time as you want at the Columbia Icefield Skywalk
- You have to make your own way to the Columbia Icefield Discovery Center
- If the departure time you request is sold out a later departure time will be available (tours depart every 15-30 minutes)
- Washrooms are available at the Columbia Icefield Discovery Center but there are no washrooms available during the tour
- The audio devices are subject to availability and are not available when it is raining
- Take warm layers including gloves and a waterproof jacket because the weather on the glacier changes unpredictably
- Take a bottle that you can fill with glacier water