Prepare to be amazed at the devotion and superstition that drove miners to carve figures, monuments, and altarpieces into the walls of an 800-year-old salt mine. Benefit from pickup from designated hotels in Krakow.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 - 5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- English, French, German, Italian, Spanish
- Pickup optional
- Roundtrip transportation is available from most centrally located Krakow hotels. Please arrange pickup from your hotel or a nearby location when you call to confirm your reservation. You are required to wait at the reception 5 minutes before your scheduled pickup time. If you are interested in complementary hotel pick-up, please make sure to contact the local partner no later than 24 hours prior to your tour. If you do not require hotel pick-up, or your hotel cannot be serviced, you must make your own way to the main tour departure point.
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
Know before you go
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Wieliczka Salt Mine tour is not recommended for participants with walking disabilities (there are 800 steps on the way, including 380 right at the start) and for participants with claustrophobia
- The guided walk through Wieliczka Salt Mine consists of 20 monumental chambers joined by 1.5 miles (2.5 kilometers) of pathways. Visitors entering the Wieliczka Salt Mine descend a 380-step staircase to Level 1 (64 meters below ground level). This walk is not strenuous and can be undertaken in ordinary footwear, however you are asked to consider the walk and 380-step staircase when booking this tour. The return to the surface will be by lift up the Danilowicz Shaft, from Level 3 (135 meters below ground level)
- The temperature in the Wieliczka Salt Mine, though constant is low (14C or 57F). That is why even in summer, warm clothes should be worn