Discover the "Lost City of the Incas" at your own pace with a standard entry ticket to Machu Picchu. Stroll among the ruins of the sacred city at leisure and marvel at the surrounding countryside.
About this ticket
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- COVID-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Printed voucher required
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Explore the Inca ruins of Machu Picchu at your own pace
- Discover highlights of the citadel, such as the Temple of the Sun
- Avoid long ticket lines at Machu Picchu by booking in advance
- Entrance fee to Machu Picchu Lost Citadel
- Tour guide (must be hired on site)
- Bus and train tickets
Customers must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers must fill out a travel information form
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Machu Picchu Ticket Office. Please bring the ticket that was sent to you in a separate email by the local partner; your GetYourGuide voucher will not be valid for entrance.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Luggage or large bags
- Plastic bottles
Know before you go
- When booking, please provide full name, date of birth, nationality, and passport number of each participant. This information is required in advance in order to confirm your admission to Machu Picchu
- Only printed official tickets are accepted according to Machu Picchu rules.
- You will receive a separate email from the tour operator with your entrance ticket. The GYG voucher is not the entrance ticket.
- The time slot of your visit will be confirmed along with the official ticket. Please wait for this information in order to buy a train ticket
- All visitors entering Machu Picchu must be accompanied by an official guide who can be hired on site
- If you come from Cusco be advised that the trip may take more than 5 hours. The most common transportation is by train. From Poroy Station (Cusco) to Aguas Calientes (the last stop) it takes 3 hours & 50 minutes, followed by a 30 minute bus ride.