Visit Mount Etna and take a hiking trail away from the crowds. This itinerary is accessible for most with a route tailored to see the extinct crater, a lava tunnel, volcanic ash, scoria, and lava flows.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- English, French, Italian
- Pickup optional
- Includes pickup and drop-off in the Catania area.
- Small group
- Limited to 12 participants
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Hiking shoes
- Comfortable clothes
- Long pants
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Sneakers are not suitable for this activity
- The packed lunch is composed of savory takeaway Sicilian pastries, which are not vegetarian
- Participants with dietary restrictions are suggested to take care of their own meals in order to avoid unpleasant and unwanted surprises
- The hikes are dependent on the weather and geodynamic activity of the volcano which may alter the original schedule of the visit