Tour the Oak Alley Plantation and cruise through Louisiana's bayou swamplands on a guided day trip from New Orleans. Entry tickets and round-trip hotel transportation are included.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 8.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- • Pickup from your hotel in New Orleans
- Enjoy a tour of a magnificent plantation home
- Explore a Louisiana swamp and see gators, wild pigs, and more
- Spend a day away from the bustle of New Orleans on this combination tour
Explore Louisiana with a visit to the Oak Alley Plantation, followed by a swamp boat tour. Enjoy a guided day trip from New Orleans, with hotel pickup and drop-off included.
Your day begins with pickup at your New Orleans hotel. Enjoy the views as you head out to the Oak Alley Plantation, where you’ll be led on a tour by guides in period costume. Explore the house and its grounds as you learn about the history of the plantation.
Next, head out on a boat tour to explore the Louisiana bayous. Relax in the covered boat and tune in to your guide’s commentary about the local culture of the wetlands.
Cruise past a Native American burial mound, a Cajun cemetery, and a fishing village. Drift down narrow waterways and pass moss-covered trees. Be on the lookout for wildlife, including snakes and alligators.
Back on dry land, you’ll board the bus to return to New Orleans, where you’ll be dropped off at your hotel.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transportation by air-conditioned bus
- Oak Alley Plantation entry ticket
- Swamp boat trip (1 hour and 40 minutes)
- Snacks and refreshments
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Know before you go
- Some walking at the Oak Alley plantation is involved