Enjoy a 20-minute scenic heli flight over the Bay of islands' crystal clear turquoise waters to the world famous ‘Hole in the Rock’ with full pilot's commentary. Upgrade to land atop the natural landmark, with an optional walk led by a Maori guide.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 20 - 45 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Experience an unforgettable tour of the Bay of Islands from the air
- See stunning views of the turquoise water of the Bay, beaches and coastal towns
- Learn about the Bay’s points of interest and history with engaging commentary from your pilot
- Upgrade to include one of the landing options on the Hole in the Rock for a truly unique experience
- 20-minute scenic helicopter flight
- Live commentary from your pilot
- Hole in the Rock landing (if option selected)
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Meeting point varies depending on option booked.
Know before you go
- All departures are subject to weather conditions and require a minimum of 2 passengers. If you are a solo traveller, the local operator will aim to book you with other confirmed passengers
- Children are the same price as adults for ages 4 years and over. Infants are under 4 years and can fly seated on the lap of an adult free of charge
- During the winter months, due to wet weather, the aircraft may not be able to land at Cape Reinga; on these occasions an alternate option will be offered