3. Khao Lak: Thai Cooking Class in a Garden
- Start your adventure bright and early with complimentary pickup from your hotel in Khao Lak. Enjoy the sights of local life in the southern part of Thailand as you drive to your first stop at the local market.
- At the market you first decide what you would like to cook. If you do not know already, you can choose from the menu of 38 different dishes or ask our professional guide at the same time our Chef for help and advice. There is always a dish for each cook in the class plus a few extras thrown in. Our chef can offer experience to help decide which dishes will compliment each other and the group decides the final menu for the day and the shopping list is then set.
- Our chef will explain more about the ingredients as you explore the market. There’s plenty of opportunity to ask questions, to smell the fresh Thai herbs, to see how fresh coconut milk is made and choose the best, select items for the shopping basket. This takes around 45 minutes, then it’s time to head to the kitchen.
- Once back from the market there will be time for refreshments whilst the ingredients are washed. Under the watchful eye of our chef, everyone will be designated tasks and begin to prepare the ingredients. You will learn how to peel, chop and slice everything the Thai way. One of the highlights is certainly learning how to roll your own Thai spring rolls. When everything is ready it’s time to head over to the kitchen where our gas hobs ready for cooking.
Fine Thai Dining - On Your own Thai Creations
- Finally, when everything is finished it’s time for the best part of the day, to sample what everybody has made. Lunch is served in traditional Thai style with everyone seated around a large table and all dishes laid out in the middle of the table. There’s always plenty of food so you get to try everything plus an extra portion or two of your favorites.
During lunch, you will also learn which condiments suit certain dishes and get the chance to ask our Chef any final questions. After that, with a full belly it’s time to collect your recipes and head back to your hotel.