Discover the history of Black Philadelphia while soaking in the fullest array of some of the most important and historical monuments and sights in the nation. Learn about the role of Black Americans in the history of the nation's foundation.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 1.5 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Walk in the footsteps of enslaved people, abolitionists, slaveholders, and America's founding fathers
- See locations along the Historic "Underground Railroad" where enslaved people risked their lives to escape
- Visit some of the most important sites in both America's and Philadelphia's history
- Guided 90-minute walking tour
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
Meet your guide holding a sign that says The Black Journey in front of the Independence Visitor Center, on the corner of 6th and Market Street, 599 Market St, Philadelphia, PA 19106, USAOpen in Google Maps ⟶
Know before you go
- Please dress weather appropriately and wear comfortable sturdy shoes; you will be walking on cobblestoned streets.
- The walking tour covers approximately 1.5 miles and lasts about 90 minutes