Discover the spectacular locations of Middle Earth on a 4WD discovery tour from Queenstown. Visit all "Lord of the Rings" locations in Queenstown and Arrowtown on a small group, expertly-guided half-day tour that includes gold panning and afternoon tea.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 4 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pick-up and drop off from central Queenstown accommodation is included. Surround suburbs (Kelvin Heights, Frankton, Arthur's Point, Fernhill and others) by arrangement. Please contact the local operator after booking to confirm pick-up details.
- Wheelchair accessible
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Know before you go
- Operates in all weather conditions - please dress appropriately for the weather on the day
- Not a lot of walking is required and you have the option of staying in or near the vehicle if you wish at any of the stops
- The activity requires a minimum of 2 participants to operate (minimum of 4 on New Zealand public holidays). In the unlikely event that this is not reached you will be offered an alternative date or a full refund
- Informative and engaging commentary in English and gold panning experience are included in the ticket price
- Lunch is not included in the ticket price