Hike to an erupting volcano in Geldingadalir valley, visit the Bridge Between Continents, see the majestic Reykjanesviti Lighthouse, witness the beauty of Lake Kleifarvatn, and admire Gunnuhver Hot Springs on this once in a lifetime tour from Reykjavík.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 10 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickup is available from selected hotels, official bus stops in central Reykjavik, and from the cruise port. Please contact the local partner to confirm pickup details after booking.
- Visit Lake Kleifarvatn's black basalt beach with underwater hot springs and viewpoint overlooking the mountains
- Hike to the Geldingadalur Valley erupting volcano where the surrounding green lava moss and rocks meet flowing lava
- Witness bubbling mud pots and hissing steam vents at Gunnuhver Hot Springs
- Breathe in the fresh Atlantic Ocean air at the photogenic Reykjanesviti Lighthouse with surrounding boulder ridges, sea-stacks, and cliffs
- Walk from the Eurasian to the American tectonic plate at The Bridge Between Continents, a 15 meter footbridge spanning a gaping rift
- Guided tour
- Designated pick-up and drop-off
- Food and drinks (please bring a packed lunch)
- Crampons and hiking poles
- Children under 6 years
- People with mobility impairments
You must book this activity online because the ticket office is closed
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- You must keep social distance while in vehicles
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- You are required to bring and wear a mask
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
The details below may change if you update your current selection:
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Hiking shoes
- Packed lunch
Know before you go
- The hike to the volcanic area is around one hour each way.
- Pickup is offered from selected hotels, official bus stops in central Reykjavik, and from the cruise port. For this, please indicate which cruise port you will be arriving at.
- Due to city regulations, parts of the city center are not accessible by bus, therefore, you will be redirected to special bus stops if you are staying in these areas.
- Please contact the local partner directly after booking in order to confirm your exact meeting point.