Hike to Geldingadalir to see Iceland's recently erupted volcano site.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Reserve now & pay later
- Reserve now & pay later to book your spot without any charges today. Learn more
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
- Pickup included
- Pickups in Reykjavík begin at 8:00 AM, so please be ready outside your hotel lobby at this time and keep a lookout for the guides and car. Pickups can take up to 30 minutes.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
Know before you go
- This tour is suitable for those of a moderate to good level of physical fitness and can walk for about 4 hours at a low or moderate pace. Trails are generally of good quality and glacier travel at a relatively low angle.
- You will be hiking for 2-3 hours
- Pickups are only available from certain locations in Reykjavik, please refer to the list of locations when booking
- Lunch is not included