Witness the volcanic wonders of Reykjanes Peninsula and the youngest volcano in Iceland, Meradalir which is currently erupting.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible—book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Duration 8 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
BSI bus terminal. Look for Reykjavik Excursions & Fly bus sign on the building. Please arrive at the meeting point 15 minutes before departure.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Warm clothing
- Hiking shoes
- Rain gear
- Packed lunch
Know before you go
- The hike will take approximately 1.5-2 hours each way
- The tour will be canceled if the Civil Protection Service announces that conditions at the eruption site are unsafe
- There is a risk of rockfall. Beware of steep slopes
- The telephone connection in the area is poor
- Eruption sites can change, and new eruption cracks may open at short notice
- Please note that the volcano is ever-changing.