For many, the possibility of seeing the northern lights is the reason for a visit to Iceland during the winter. The season, with its pure and crisp air, offers some of the best conditions for seeing stars and frequent sightings of the aurora borealis.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details. Learn more
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
- Audio guide included
- Pickup included
- Pickup is offered from all Reykjavik hotels, hostels and guesthouses, and private homes. As buses are not allowed to drive in certain areas of Reykjavik center, your pickup may be from the nearest bus stop. After receiving your pickup information, the local partner will notify you of your exact pick up time and location 6 to 24 hours before the departure time by email. If you do not require hotel pickup, you can meet the tour at Tour Bus Stop #8 Hallgrimskirkja (Cathedral). Please notify the local partner directly if you intend to use this option. Please be at your pickup location 30 minutes before departure time.
Select participants and date
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Warm clothing
- Rain gear
- Food and drinks
- Luggage or large bags
- Alcohol and drugs
Know before you go
- This tour is not wheelchair accessible
- There is a minimum age of 5 years old
- Please note that the Northern Lights are a natural phenomenon and seeing them is not guaranteed
- The supplier does not offer refunds to customers who have joined the tour
- The tour may be canceled up to one hour before the departure time due to bad weather so please check your email for updates
- The tour may be canceled if the minimum number of passengers is not met and if this occurs you will be offered a similar tour or an alternative date
- You must be at your pick up location on time
- Please dress in warm windproof clothing
- Please note, if your tour is rebooked to December 24, 25, 26, 31, or January 1because of bad weather or cancellation, an additional holiday pricing cost will be charged.