Discover dungeons, underground tunnels, and chambers of the colosseum. The tour will begin with special access to the arena floor where you will receive an introduction before descending underground.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Small group available
- Explore the underground tunnels of the colosseum
- Get special access to the arena floor
- Enjoy a guided tour of the Palatine Hill and the Roman Forum
- Benefit from fast track entrance and skip the lines
Due to health and safety regulations, this itinerary may change. See Know before you go for the latest updates.
- Official guide
- Admission and fees
- Restricted areas (underground and arena floor)
- Fast track entrance
- Palatine Hill and Roman Forum guided tour
- Food and drinks
- Wheelchair users
- All areas that customers touch are frequently cleaned
- The number of visitors is limited to reduce crowds
- Customers are required to bring and wear masks
- Customers will get a mandatory temperature check
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Show me Italy Office at via Cavour 301Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Luggage or large bags
- Sprays or Aerosols
- Glass objects
- Weapons or sharp objects
Know before you go
- Please be advised that the exact reservation times may vary slightly due to decisions made by the Colosseum administration office. These last-minute changes are outside of the local partner's control but if the time will vary by 20 minutes either before or after your original tour time then you will be informed of this change by email.
- Entrance to Palatine Hill and Roman Forum is with the tour guide escort only; you cannot leave the group and enter these areas alone as you will not have an individual ticket. For group reservations, the Colosseum does not provide individual tickets but one group ticket which the guide will use for all 3 areas.
- As per the Colosseum Authority policy, you will join a larger group (max. 24 people) for the Colosseum Underground section of the tour.
- When booking for children under 18 years, you must bring their government-issued ID/passport to show at the reservation desk.