Your day tour begins with a drive from Rome to the pope’s summer residence in Castel Gandolfo – a lovely town overlooking Lake Albano. Afterwards, return to Rome for a visit to the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 9 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Spanish, English, French, German
- Audio guide included
- Spanish, English, French, German, Italian, Russian
- Small group
- Limited to 15 participants
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
Your meeting point is at the bus stop at Via Cavour 224 (take the Metro to the Cavour stop on Line B). Please arrive 25 minutes before the start of your tour, to check-in.Open in Google Maps ⟶
- Luggage or large bags
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
- Weapons or sharp objects
Know before you go
- Please note that the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter’s Basilica have a strict dress code year-round. All visitors must have their shoulders covered and pants/skirts must come to the knee. Be sure to wear comfortable shoes!
- The Vatican and St. Peter’s Basilica have strict security restrictions. Due to metal detectors at the entrances of most sites it is forbidden to bring the following:
- Weapons and blunt objects (knives, long umbrellas, etc.)
- Glass bottles, aerosol sprays and alcohol
- Bicycles, skates and Segways
- If you or any member of your party has difficulty with mobility (uses crutches or a wheelchair, etc.) please contact the tour operator in advance. This tour is not wheelchair accessible. Private tours are available to meet these needs, on request.
- Please note that the meeting point is outside the tour operator's office. For security reasons, no personal belongings may be stored there. Please plan accordingly.