Embark on an early morning walking tour of the Vatican Museums and avoid the busy crowds. Discover the history from your guide, explore the Sistine Chapel, and skip the lines at St. Peter's Basilica.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 225 minutes
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the ticket line
- Live tour guide
Select participants and date
At the Green Bar (called l'Ottagono) in Piazza del Risorgimento. Meeting Point Directions: meet just outside the Green Bar in the middle of Piazza del Risorgimento Square. This is the only bar/café located on the square. The bar is on the side of the square towards via Crescensio, close to the tram stop number 19. The closest metro/underground stop is Ottaviano. Your guide will be holding a sign that says "Walks."Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Passport or ID card
- Comfortable shoes
- Short skirts
- Sleeveless shirts
Know before you go
- All guests (including children) must bring ID on the day of their tour
- The special access passage between the Sistine Chapel and St. Peter's Basilica is closed on Wednesdays and is subject to other unexpected closures during special celebrations/festivities, including the Easter ceremonies. On such days the magnificent Pinacoteca Gallery is explored instead
- Wheelchairs cannot be accommodated on this group tour. The group route utilizes staircases where elevator access is not easily accessible. Those with wheelchairs and limited mobility can contact the activity provider so the visit can be arranged
- Unfortunately due to the nature of this tour it is not suitable for guests with mobility impairments, or for wheelchairs or strollers. Please contact the Guest Experience team at +39 068-596-0143 (Italy) or 888-683-8670 (USA) to make alternative arrangements