Step back into ancient times on this tour and discover an unknown world as you learn the history of Rome and its people at the Colosseum and Emperor Nero's Palace.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance to receive a full refund
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures apply. Learn more
- Mobile ticketing
- Use your phone or print your voucher
- Duration 3 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Skip the line through a separate entrance
- Instant confirmation
- Live tour guide
- Small group
- Limited to 6 participants
Select participants and date
Prepare for the activity
In front of the SOS sign outside the main entrance of the Colosseum Metro Station. Please note there is an upper and lower floor: your guide will be at the lower floor SOS sign, right across the street and on the same ground level as the Colosseum itself.Open in Google Maps ⟶
What to bring
- Comfortable shoes
- Oversize luggage
- Luggage or large bags
Know before you go
- Tours are capped at a maximum of 6 participants, however, group size may vary by 1-2 participants in order to accommodate larger families or tour groups
- Please keep in mind the group size will increase to 22 in the Domus Aurea as per policy
- One pair of original VR cardboard glasses will be distributed and gifted to every 2 people on the tour
- In order to use the glasses, you are required to download an app (via Apple or Android store) prior to the tour and bring the smartphone with the app on the day of the tour.
- VR cardboard glasses by no means replace your tour guide's efforts and descriptions and serve only as an enhancement to the tour.
- The glasses are not a video game, but instead, offer 360-degree visual reconstructions of the architectural wonders that surround you