Rangitaiki River rafting grade 3–4. Experience 14 kilometers of whitewater exhilaration and fantastic scenery. From the buzz of a torrent of whitewater named ‘Geoff’s Joy’, to stunning forest views, this trip has something for everyone.
About this activity
- Free cancellation
- Cancel up to 24 hours in advance for a full refund
- Reserve now & pay later
- Keep your travel plans flexible — book your spot and pay nothing today.
- Covid-19 precautions
- Special health and safety measures are in place. Check your activity voucher once you book for full details.
- Duration 6 hours
- Check availability to see starting times.
- Pickup included
- Pick-up from central Rotorua accommodation is possible at 10:30 am
Select participants and date
What to bring
Know before you go
- Minimum age - 10 years old. Children under the age of 13 are subject to the following conditions:
- - Must be accompanied by an adult
- - Able to walk one small section near the beginning of the trip (around 150 meters out of the 14 kilometer trip)
- - Water levels must be below 7.0 on the gauge
- The supplier operates within strict safety guidelines, however adventure activities by their very nature involve a degree of risk. By partaking in these activities guests agree to assume this risk and will be required to sign a waiver of liability
- Guests need to bring a swimsuit and towel. Towel hire is available for a small charge but must be requested in advance
- - Time on the water 1 hour 45 minutes. Allow 3.5 - 4 hours (excluding travel time)
- - Travel time from Rotorua 45 minutes, from Taupo 1 hour
- - Start time 11.30 AM at base (or 10.30 AM leaving Rotorua)
- Recommended minimum weight limit 40 kilograms, maximum 125 kilograms